Many businesses that use 3rd party delivery services find that it is too expensive and often feels impersonal. If you want to gain an edge on your competition and take your business to the next level it may be time to take delivery in-house.
Bringing delivery in-house gives you more control over the customer experience and the ability to provide a higher level of service. This creates happier customers who are more likely to become repeat customers and refer your business to their friends and family. Even if you already have an in-house delivery service it may be time to take it to the next level. In order to do so, you need to know what makes a great delivery experience. A few things that customers expect include:
- An easy ordering experience - an online ordering system that allows customers to pay for their order and arrange for delivery or pickup
- Live updates - keep your customers up-to-date on the status of their order each step of the way
- Personalized service - own the delivery process rather than outsourcing to a third-party
In order to delight customers and take your delivery service to the next level, a few things to consider implementing include:
1) Integrate your order management and delivery management technologies
Chances are you have probably already automated your order management using one of the many POS/ecommerce systems available on the market. The next step in optimizing your operations is to integrate your POS/order management system and have it feed directly into your delivery management system. This way, whenever a new delivery order comes in, it is automatically passed over to your delivery operations team.
2) Optimize your dispatch and routing to delivery more efficiently
Fleet efficiency can make or break your delivery business. Routing and fleet optimization software can be used to generate efficient routes in just seconds. This software is powered by complex algorithms and takes into account things like real-time traffic, vehicle capacity, batching, and time windows to ensure you’re making the most deliveries possible with the fewest resources.
3) Automated customer notifications
In today’s delivery landscape, customer notifications are a must-have. Automated notifications let your customers know when their order is confirmed, picked up, on its way, and successfully delivered. This provides peace-of-mind and also allows customers to make sure they are home to receive their items.
4) Contactless delivery
In order to ensure the safety of your customers and drivers, many companies now need to offer contactless delivery. When paired with automated customer notifications, customers can prepare to receive their delivery and pick it up as soon as the driver marks it as delivered.
How rideOS can help
If you’re ready to start in-house delivery or are looking to take your delivery service to the next level, rideOS can help. By using our end-to-end delivery management solution or integrating directly with our APIs you can:
- Automate your operations, freeing up your team to focus on your core business
- Optimize your delivery fleet efficiency and minimize the number of drivers/vehicles you need
- Deliver on-time with highly accurate ETAs
- Improve customer experience with automated notifications, live tracking, and delivery verification
Contact us to schedule a demo or learn more about our products.